Communication and Partnership Officer
1. To be responsible for the development and implementation of our marketing strategy
2. To generate leads and convert to opportunities
Our offices are based in London, however, for an exceptional candidate, we would consider home-working from elsewhere in the UK with occasional visits to our main office.
Hours per week: 37.5
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000 base salary
8% employer pension contribution; opportunities for flexible and remote working; wide-ranging opportunities for personal and professional development
The Teacher Development Trust (TDT) is an established and fast-growing charity based in London that is dedicated to improving the educational outcomes for children by raising the quality of teacher professional development.
Impact is key. Our work is always underpinned by the highest quality research and supported by the strongest engagement with stakeholders across the sector. We are now seeking to recruit a new Communication and Partnership Officer to be responsible for the development and implementation of the Teacher Development Trust’s marketing strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-growing and influential education charity. We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our team in supporting our existing services and programmes as well as developing new projects and areas of expertise. We have an excellent track record of staff developing within the charity, as well as staff who have developed their careers into schools, other charities, and the public sector.
About the role
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, implement and evaluate integrated marketing campaigns, using online and offline channels to promote TDT’s events and training programmes;
- Use Pardot/Salesforce to schedule tweets and other monitoring links with specific aim of generating leads;
- Lead on the production and delivery of TDT’s marketing publications and design, both printed and digital, including oversight of copy-writing, editing and the design of all publications, marketing materials, reports and exhibits for external events;
- Responsible for meeting targets for generating leads and converting to opportunities by: Monitoring and responding to leads and initial enquiries; Uploading leads from surveys, etc. into Pardot; Designing and running engagement studios; Working with the team to write engagement studio emails; Responding to customer email enquiries; Lead and co-ordinate the content of TDT’s newsletter, liaising with colleagues and external agencies as appropriate;
- Work closely with colleagues and external individuals to maintain, test and update the TDT website. Use WordPress to create, edit and promote both content such as landing pages, blogs, news stories and case studies;
- Processing of new member contracts and invoices Admin, PR and event support
Desirable experience and expertise includes:
- Experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of marketing strategies;
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate both online and offline marketing techniques and campaigns;
- Experience of the strategic use of social media – both organic and paid – including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Ability to generate and execute successful ideas for promotional campaigns;
- A strong commitment to education, the non-profit sector and improving educational outcomes for children;
- A knowledge of the current educational landscape, including an understanding of professional development;
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills with a proven ability to develop effective networks;
- Flexibility, with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing, growing organisation and be self-motivated.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans including non-binary (LGBTQ+) candidates, and candidates from low income families. These groups are currently underrepresented at TDT and we are committed to increasing representation and diversity at the charity.
Position reports to: Head of Operations
Interested candidates should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Friday 18th September.
Cover Letter – please explain why you want to work as Communication and Partnership Officer for the Teacher Development Trust and in the non-profit/education sector and how your skills, knowledge and experience are relevant to this role. Please also state where you saw this job role advertised.
The names of 2 referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer (references will not be taken up until after interview)
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. Interviews are scheduled to take place in the first half of October, please note these may be held virtually. Due to the anticipated volume of applications we are unfortunately unable to provide detailed feedback.